Monday, November 17, 2008

Buddhism and Family

I have a bit of a dilemma: I don't know how to tell my family that I'm practicing Daishonin Buddhism. You got to understand about my family, they're set in their ways (my way or the highway). I'm afraid that if I tell them, they may think that I'm going to Hell. For me, the problem is that before Buddhism, I felt that I was going to Hell. Every day, I would reflect on all the wrong I did in my life, trying to be whatever it is I was supposed to be and praying to God every night, but, it brought me no happiness; it only made me feel inferior, sad and alone. Whenever I would argue with my family about whatever, I felt that I may have failed God. One time, one argument was so bad that I woke up with a really bad panic attack at around Midnight. So, how do I tell them?

No comments: