Friday, November 20, 2009

Confusion - Respect or Submission

Okay, so I was in the cab going to my doctor's office when Sean Hannity was on, saying, I think, because President Obama bowed to the Emperor of Japan that he was showing that Americas as now bowing to Japan, or something. I don't know. I got confused by that statement, saying to the cab driver, why is that bad? President Obama, to me, was just showing the emperor respect by bowing to him, like anybody would me him, or whatever custom used when addressing anyone from a different country. But, and this is the crazy, the cabdriver got mad at me for saying that. He also said that what Obama did was show the rest of the world that US was weak and that Queen of England would never bow to a commoner. Then, I didn't say anything because I was just so confused. When did bowing to an emperor in their country or being respectful to others when visiting their country suddenly show that you and the US is weak? Am I going crazy? Somebody please explain this to me because I just don't get it.

No comments: