Sunday, March 29, 2009

Realization: Foolishness

Foolishness comes in everyone's life, but the kind of foolishness that you always remember is the kind you least suspect. With me, my foolishness was my money, especially during these past few years. I've always been careful with it, saving it and such. But, then, my family problems started to grow and I felt I had to help, or people would see me as selfish. So, I gave up my savings and took out loans to help, thinking that it would be enough, but it wasn't. Everyone was stress, me more so, because I tried to help as best I could, but it wasn't enough. Instead of finding a healthy way to cope, I went to credit cards to deal. I felt that I had something to control in that situation. Then, I got into debt. I went to Credit Advisors for help and got out of debt. However, it didn't late long because my family needed help and my mom was in the hospital, so I had to take out credit cards and loans to help once again, but I ended up worse off than before. At times, I felt like screaming at my family and blaming them for getting me in this situation, not once, but twice. But, then, I stopped myself, realizing that I got myself in this and I had to deal with the results of my actions.

My advice is this: if you're stress out over whatever, find a healthier way to deal than going for the quick fix:

1. Talk to a therapist.
2. Talk to good friends.
3. Play with your pets.
4. Play with your kids.
5. Clean, clean, clean. :D
6. Exercise.
7. Listen to music.
8. Meditate.
9. Read.
10. Write in a journal.
11. Write poetry.
12. Write a story.
13. Sketch.

Whatever else you can think of that's healthy, do it.

No comments: