Sunday, March 29, 2009

Realization: Perfection

To me, I feel like everywhere I turn, people except me to be perfect. Perfect body, perfect genetics, perfect credit, perfect job, perfect house, etc. But, what is perfect and what's the real price of it? I tried to be perfect because I thought that's what people expected of me. But, I didn't feel perfect; I felt pressured to keep up the facade out of fear of rejection or ridicule and it ended up hurting me in the end. Also, I think of others who resort to crime, terrorism, etc.; they hurt others because they are hurting. They feel that they're imperfect and those who are perfect need to suffer or they feel that they are perfect and those who are imperfect must submit to their will or suffer. I don't want to be perfect anymore. All I want is for people to love and accept me for all that I am, faults and all. When I pass on, I don't want to be asked, were you perfect in your life? I want to be asked, did you live a good life despite your imperfections?

No comments: