Friday, December 19, 2008

Moments & Lifetimes

Tonight, I went to Maiyumi's Graduation party at Nina's house. It was so much fun. Everyone met Maiyumi's family who flew in from Japan. The family dog, Sheba, was there, but she was good, mainly plotting how to get some food. :D I met other SGI members, including a little boy named Skylar, who loves to tease his older sister by playing with her hair. We did Gongyo with Maiyumi's father leading us and Maiyumi opened her present that everyone gave her. I gave her a card with a Tiger's Eye cat shaped necklace inside. It was such a wonderful party that I was sad to leave. It made me forget about my current problems for a while. I think that's the real reason for a party: to bring people together to celebrate and forget one's troubles for a bit. And I think that people don't want a party to end is because it has moments that you wish would last forever.

No comments: